[Asterisk-bsd] OSLEC (Open Source Line Echo Canceller) running on FreeBSD

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Thu Sep 27 12:43:36 CDT 2007

Greetings everyone,

I have been working on getting OSLEC
(http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/oslec.html) up and running on
FreeBSD for the past few days. So far, I have a kernel module wrapper
for the OSLEC code working with a slightly patched 1.4 zaptel trunk.
This is using Asterisk 1.4.11 on FreeBSD 6.2.

If anyone wants to give it a try, there's definitely some testing
needed. This should get you started:

# svn co --username svn --password svn
https://svn.pbxpress.com:1443/repos/zaptel-bsd/branches/zaptel-1.4
zaptel-trunk
# svn co http://svn.rowetel.com/software/oslec/trunk/ $oslec_version oslec-trunk
# fetch http://askozia.com/tmp/oslec_fbsd_0.1.diff
# cd oslec-trunk
# mkdir kernel-freebsd
# patch < ../oslec_fbsd_0.1.diff
# rm kernel-freebsd/*.orig
# cd oslec-trunk/kernel-freebsd
# make
# cd ../../zaptel-trunk
# make clean
# patch < ../oslec-trunk/kernel-freebsd/zaptel-trunk.diff
# make

Now just load the oslec module first and reload and the necessary
zaptel modules.

What is still needed to have a 100% port is to translate the Linux
proc fs calls into something FreeBSD-like and to implement the
"zaptap" parts of OSLEC so that its effectiveness can be monitored. I
will need to do some more reading before this is possible.

This was my first adventure into kernel module land so any feedback is welcome!

Regards,
-Michael I.