[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk productiveness

Tolstov Dmitry tdn at demos.net
Thu Sep 6 08:34:18 CDT 2007

Hi all!

Please answer me for one of theese questions or for both :))

1. How many simultaneous and successful calls I can expect from
some given configuration with mediaproxying? Theoretically it is
difficult to answer because result depends of codec coplexity,
conversion, proccessor/chipset type, amount of memory and so on...
Just average value if it exists.
Please, share your experience.

2. Which configurations would you prefer in every of theese cases:

a) About 130 SIP extensions and 1 24port analog Digium card (all FXO)

b) 30 SIP + 4 Analog FXO Card

c) 60 SIP + 8-port (actually 6 lines) Analog FXO Card

I believe similar questions had been discussed many many times, but I
really need answers or some links to read.

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Tolstov Dmitry.