[Asterisk-bsd] Anyone using g729 with Asterisk 1.4.7.1 or later?

Pim van Stam pim at vanstam-ict.nl
Tue Sep 4 12:34:07 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 08:16 -0700, Richard Neese wrote:
> the issue is the registration tool. they have yet to fix it and the codec for
> 6.1 is old.  I could not get it to work on 1.4.10 asterisk and freebsd
> 6.2-stable.

This afternoon (CEST+1 +DST) I bought a license (2 channels). I'm using
FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE and Asterisk 1.4.3 from ports. I downloaded the
g.729 codec (i383, FreebSD 6.1 version) and the registration for
FreeBSD. Registration succeeded and loading the codec succeeded to. The
only issue is the path to install the license file. This has to be
in /usr/local/share/asterisk in stead of /var/lib/asterisk when
installing Asterisk from ports.

I made a call with the G.729 codec to a landline, so transcoding was
done. No problem. I will test the next couple of days, but so far so
good.

With kind regards,

Pim van Stam