[Asterisk-bsd] amd64

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 19:31:35 CDT 2007

I am downloading the new AMD64 version now and will see if I can help you debug this one.

I'm finally up and running with my 1.9 Ghz AMD64 machine. It's pretty fast and I am glad to see that some more AMD stuff is happening for *. My regular * server is an older P3 1.5 Ghz with 768 MB of RAM. It's doing the trick. I'd like to move my * to the AMD machine but in the past I had sporadic problems with the X101P card in it.

FYI - Getting Xorg running on this AMD64 machine was no cake-walk. It appears that a minimal install doesn't put in the correct libraries and even doing a make install clean with a fresh port update didn't help. But if this box becomes a server for me then Xorg will be 86'ed. Similar to what the M$ guys are finally doing with Server 2008. They are getting rid of the gui in favor of a text based console...which is what I wanted all along anyway...(he said, longing for the old DOS-6.22 days and Novell 4.11). Which really wasn't that long ago folks.

Richard Neese <r.neese at gmail.com> wrote: it seems there is a issue with amd64 itself the script tries to goto the dir
but the system wont let it. I am trouble shooting this now