[Asterisk-bsd] ok need input again

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 17:44:16 CDT 2007

I have my AMD64 machine running FreeBSD-6.2-RELEASE-amd64 and it's pretty settled. I would like to try and install the package but want to ask the following questions first:

1. The install.sh kept whacking out on me when it gets to the cd asterisk-configs command. Even after you made reference to mitigating this, it still happened on the very next attempt I tried with the new file.

2. Will zaptel really work on AMD64. The Makefile still has the code block which I referenced that will not install zaptel on anything but i386 architecture machines.

3. Asterisk is a wonderful port but it has proved impossible to upgrade, at least my experience with it has been impossible to upgrade when the newer versions come out. The only way I've been able to upgrade it from the ports is to blast away the drive and do a fresh install of the os. Unless there is someway to upgrade it that I'm not aware of this is the only thing I found that works.

We all appreciate your efforts on this. I'm looking forward to getting a look at thirdlane gui.

BTW - Asterisk-1.4.10 is really settled into my other server which I have dedicated to *. Some problems I was having with 1.2.13 and earlier seemed to have been fixed. It's very rock solid right now and it's doing a great job as my answering service. My next trick it to set up Hylafax with iaxmodem. Maybe tomorrow while I'm off for Labor Day will be the time to marry my hylafax and asterisk servers.
Richard Neese <r.neese at gmail.com> wrote: what the lastest ver of zaptel on bsd ? any major changes ?

I have a new website up http://www.daemonswitch.org and it has a basic install
and a wiki and soo a trouble ticket system. I am working hard to keep this
project going. If you have time to help let me know.

I need a list of all supported cards . Name and model number is all I need.