[Asterisk-bsd] Updating Asterisk via Port

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 15:15:02 CDT 2007

Okay gang,

I just noticed that there has been an update to the
astertisk port. I'm not that familiar with how to
update and existing install of asterisk from the
ports. In fact the last time I tried it I ended up
crashing * and it would no longer run.

So IF, I were to take the chance and update my very
stable running copy of * on this server, how would I
safely and reliably do it?

Not to sound so noob or rude, but please, answers like
"just run the update" or "man portupgrade" are usually
of little help to me.