[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk, BSD, IAX & No Hardware

Sergio Lenzi lenzi at k1.com.br
Thu Oct 11 13:18:03 CDT 2007

Em Qui, 2007-10-04 às 22:52 -0600, John S. Strock escreveu:
> Has anyone been able to setup Asterisk 1.4.11 and  FreeBSD 6.2,
> without any zaptel hardware.  I’m just trying to connect to an IAX
> host, but I keep getting a CONGESTION error.  I assume is because of
> the hardware timer, but I’m not sure.
>

> Thanks,
>

> John

Hello...

You need the zaptel.ko and ztdummy.ko  (loaded in this order)....

the problem is in your iax configuration

if one of the machines is behind a nat,
you must use the register= .....   in the machine that is behind the
nat....

type set verbose 7 in the two asterisks console, and
try to dial from one to another,
it will for sure display the problem as an error message...