[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk, BSD, IAX & No Hardware

Pim van Stam pim at vanstam-ict.nl
Fri Oct 5 02:39:37 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 22:52 -0600, John S. Strock wrote:
> Has anyone been able to setup Asterisk 1.4.11 and  FreeBSD 6.2,
> without any zaptel hardware.  I’m just trying to connect to an IAX
> host, but I keep getting a CONGESTION error.  I assume is because of
> the hardware timer, but I’m not sure.

I have the same issue with one trunk between peer and user.
Previously I ran Asterisk 1.4.3. I did not have the problem. This week I
uodated to 1.4.11 and the problem occurred. In my case I have a IAX
friend on the main PBX. A satellite server connects with the main server
with a trunk with the IAX user defined in the main server.

Calling from the satellite to the main server is ok. The way back gives
me CONGESTION. The problem is that in the setup (use: iax set debug) the
USERNAME is not given. For authentication another IAX trunk is used.
Authentication then fails.

I'm still seaching for the solutions.

Kind regards,

Pim van Stam