[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel Drivers

John S. Strock jstrock at batc.edu
Tue May 29 19:28:01 MST 2007

After receiving your last response, one thing hit me, I have my server
locked down and have the following in my /etc/rc.conf file:

kern_securelevel_enable="YES"
kern_securelevel="1"

So I've now disabled these lines, and I get the following errors, now
instead of "Operation not permitted", I received "File Exists":

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel.sh start
zaptelkldload: can't load /usr/local/lib/zaptel/zaptel.ko: File exists

# kldload /usr/local/lib/zaptel/zaptel.ko
kldload: can't load /usr/local/lib/zaptel/zaptel.ko: File exists

Again, I'm not familiar with loading modules and devices so I'm not sure
what this means.

To answer your install question...

Installing Asterisk from ports appeared to have installed zaptel as well,
because when I tried to install zaptel from ports, I received an error
stating it was already installed.  Also, the zaptel.ko file exists in
/usr/local/lib/zaptel, so again, I assume it was created for me.

Any more ideas?

Thanks again,

John