[Asterisk-bsd] G729

Andrew Foster andrewfoster at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:39:03 MST 2007

After a >2 week wait from Digium support, this is their response on FreeBSD
and G729.

" I understand that the FreeBSD utility is not working now, due to changes
that have been made.

 I asked my supervisor about the issue and he says that the developers are
planning on updating the FreeBSD register utility on their list of things to
do, but they are so slammed there is no ETA as to when they will get to it.

 Until they do this, you will be unable to re-register your license and
generate a .lic file.

 Supervisor says that our FreeBSD software has never been supported and
updates to it have never been guaranteed."

Sounds like a quite dismal situation, especially given that my view of an
'unsupported' product is one that they will not provide assistance with,
rather than one that they will break and have no real plan on fixing.