[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk on FreeBSD + Passive ISDN BRI

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Sat May 5 17:16:14 MST 2007

On 05/05/2007, at 11:14 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Have you ever heard about ISDN4BSD:
>
> http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd

We still have significant echo on our existing Asterisk installation
on around one in every ten calls. We've tried a range of tweaks to
the zaptel config and are running the current everything from ports.

I've been thinking of moving to ISDN only for the possibility that
echo will be much less by removing the analogue part of the loop. Do
others have experience with echo and ISDN4BSD? Is it an improvement
over zaptel? How much difference does the card itself make? Are the
HFC cards better or worse in this regard?

Alternatively I guess I could wait for further zaptel updates to come
down the line, but I don't know if they will help the situation.

Cheers
Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001