[Asterisk-bsd] who is maintaing the fbsd ports of the 1.2 asterisk

Graham Todd gtodd at bellanet.org
Wed Mar 28 15:01:16 MST 2007

Richard Neese wrote:
> asterisk is upto 1.2.17 and we need to get cought up and the patches need to
> get sent to the asterisk dev team.

Hi,

Are there a lot of patches for for 1.2.17 that need to go back to
asterisk-devs for asterisk to build properly, or are they mostly just
freebsd specific ports tree patches? I can get 1.2.17 to almost build on
its own, but the files/patch-* stuff inside the port infrastructure
needs work. I haven't tried to get newest versions of libpri, zaptel,
etc. to build nor really tested 1.2.17 under very heavy load (or with
different fxo/fso cards, timing hardware, etc.) or any serious test that
would make a ports maintainer confident and happy though :)

> I am working on 1.4.x port and we have it 90% done I passed the one patch for
> the 1.4 zaptel

I thought this group was testing builds and ports? I'm certainly not
qualified to substantial send patches upstream to digium but testing
ports in progress and generating patches that "bsd-ify" the build is
doable ... :-)

> but 1.2.xx in the ports needs updating so does libpri zaptel and addons.
> bsd  users are getting upset that the ports are falling behind . I dont knwo who
> to submit things to since sobomax has fallen off the planet he was the ports
> commiter.

Do port maintainers work with a "coach" who has commit status for the
ports tree? Maybe the coach/committer could accept changes vetted by
this group and organize them into updated ports for testing - along with
other volunteers :)  While waiting for inclusion into the official ports
tree the changes to Makefiles files/patch-* etc. could be kept in
subversion on code.google.com or something.  My impression is that this
is already kind of happening but that there's no "unofficial port that
works" for testing. Is this right?

--
Graham Todd - Bellanet at IDRC