Re: [Asterisk-bsd] Two or More Bri Cards

David Wetzel dave at turbocat.de
Mon Mar 26 04:36:01 MST 2007

Krzysztof Drewicz wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:16:14 +0200, David Wetzel wrote
> > > a) cheaper
> > One HFC based BRI card costs about 25 EUR for end-users. A PRI is
> > much more expensive. 2 BRI lines are also cheaper in most countries
> > than one PRI.
>
> You are quoting price of card like AVM FRITZ!, known as passive or a true
> active card? (Passive cards could be bought a lot cheaper, btw).
> I was having nightmares when running many (3,4) passive cards in one box.

You should use HFC based cards. They are passive and have bigger buffers than the AVMs.
I am running several NetBSD based boxes with them. (and the driver from selasky.org)

> Nowadays even in Poland "PRI" connection costs like 2-3 x BRI

Ok, but in Germany and Norway for example the break-point is on more channels.

> Or you could have a partial E1 (15 channels), for a 50-60% price of full E1.

If your telco is co-operative. Here you can get X BRIs and X PRIs, always with the full price and
channels...

--
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,