[Asterisk-bsd] asterisk 1.4 issues

Richard Neese r.neese at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 19:41:33 MST 2007

OK to fill you in on known 1.4 issues on BSD.

issues 1 zaptel does not install where it should.

1.4.1 looks for a dir /usr/local/include/zaptel in this dir there needs to be
2 files zaptel.h and tonezone.h.

Libpri builds and installs out of the box

1.4.1 also has a configure script and a make menuconifg you have to run before
building. this allow you to choose options. then save them and retuern to the
build of asterisk . if you made the zaptel dir like stated above asterisk
will find the zaptel and link it and then find zaptel cards installed.

there is also  a needed small patch I have for zaptel that fixes issues with
the cards working correctly. I will attatch it in my next emiail. Killfill
and kiko69 both helped in this effort.

I have the patch for the addons but not had time to test it yet.

I will have time this weekend and pass things on.