[Asterisk-bsd] MeetMe drift

Corey Smith corsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:14:46 CDT 2007

On 7/27/07, David G Lawrence <dg228 at dglawrence.com> wrote:
>    Attached is a slightly improved version of my ztdummy.c that should work
> if system HZ is larger than 1000.

I haven't tested your ast-chan-new.diff but I would like to report my
findings with your ztdummy.c patch on the same machine I did the
zttest test on.

# same hardware, os, asterisk, zaptel build etc as my zttest results

In extensions.conf:

[ConfStart]
exten => 1000,1,MeetMe(5000|iMswx|1234)
exten => 4321,1,MeetMe(5000|aAMs|1234)

With the original zaptel ztdummy by the time the conference is going
for 20 minutes or so there is considerable latency between the sender
and the receiver (several seconds).

Then I shutdown asterisk, unload the zaptel drivers, rebuild zaptel
with your patch, load zaptel and start asterisk (same config, same
everything besides ztdummy.c) life is good.

I've had the call going for 45 minutes and there is no additional
latency from the first second of the call.

Problem fixed.

Can we get this ztdummy.c patch into the ports system ASAP ? :)

-Corey Smith