[Asterisk-bsd] MeetMe drift

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Fri Jul 27 08:40:44 CDT 2007

Hello,

I'm attempting to get my head around the ztdummy code and have some
potentially stupid questions.

How can zttest judge the accuracy of ztdummy if it is a userland
process? Why not use its timing mechanism in ztdummy? (yes, that's a
stupid question...I just want some more info)

Is the accuracy of ztdummy ultimately dependent on timeout() in
kern_timeout.c or can it be affected by the callout passed to it?

Are there any other commonly available timing sources in the FreeBSD
kernel? Is this
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/emulators/rtc) of
interest?

Lastly and most importantly:
 - Are any others seeing this drift?
 - Can ztdummy be expected (regardless of OS) to be accurate under heavy load?

This is all just thinking out loud, but perhaps it will get some
conversation going as to what the issue really is with ztdummy.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
-Michael I.