[Asterisk-bsd] I4B by HPS + chan_capi + 1.4.8 on 6.2 = choppy audio & hangups

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Mon Jul 23 05:08:19 CDT 2007

Hans Petter,

> I think that I have resolved this issue, by inserting a "0" in front so that
> the number always becomes octal.

The problem is that it already is being seen as octal. An "8" cannot
be represented then. Adding the "0" doesn't change anything for me.
Switching my number to end in a "7" in version.h didn't work either as
then chan_capi.so was not allowed to load.

After reading this
(http://bugs.digium.com/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=9051) I went through
chan_capi and switched all of the AST_VERSION_NUM tests to use decimal
comparisons. The create_config.sh file needed to be changed a bit so
it would generate appropriate values for the comparisons as well.
Also, there was a reference to localtime_r which should now be
ast_localtime (as I understand it).

A diff of these perhaps misguided changes is attached.

> Could you send me your "asterisk/version.h" ?
/*
 * version.h
 * Automatically generated
 */
#define ASTERISK_VERSION "1.4.8"
#define ASTERISK_VERSION_NUM 10408

> What version of my SVN repo are you using?
536

This diff has solved my audio problems but my incoming dialing success
is still only around 50%. If I call and it fails, then I call
immediately again, there is a much higher chance that the call will
succeed.

I need to get some better debug info together on this.

-Michael I.