[Asterisk-bsd] ISDN setup help

Jakub Głazik zytek-lists at nuxi.pl
Wed Jul 4 03:44:14 CDT 2007

Hello again,

I need help with setting my ISDN line. I was thinking about mailing
freebsd-isdn@ but I got help here so I'm trying again ;-)

I have working i4b and also chan_capi installed. And.. I have no idea
what to do next. My ISDN line is working - I have plugged it to ISDN
phone and it worked fine. When I plug it into my card I have
PH-state F3 - deactivated

I've experimentally put my card in pcm_master, then pcm_slave.
PH-state was then in F8: Lost framing, sometimes jumping for a second
to Synchronized or Active. Now it is again in F3 and stable. :)

[root at asterisk ~]# isdnconfig
controller 0 = {
  Layer 1:
    description : HFC-2BDS0 128K PCI ISDN adapter
    type        : passive ISDN (Basic Rate, 2xB)
    channels    : 0x3
    serial      : 0xabcd
    power_save  : on
    dialtone    : enabled
    attached    : yes
    PH-state    : F3: Deactivated
  Layer 2:
    driver_type : DRVR_D_CHANNEL
}

When I run capitest -i 1 -o 1 I get this in dmesg:

i4b-L3 cd_set_state: cdid=384, persistent L1 deactivation - check ISDN
cable

I believe that before I will proceed with asterisk configuration
I have to get isdn line working. But I have no idea what should I do,
what driver_type set up etc. Again, any help would be appreciated. Tell
me to get out to freebsd-isdn if this list isn't appropriate. TIA!

--
.: Jakub Głazik,
.: too geek to live, too leet to die ;-)