[Asterisk-bsd] Recommended SIP<->PRI Gateway?

Steve Ames steve at virtual-voodoo.com
Mon Jan 8 14:37:56 MST 2007

Hi all. I run asterisk under FreeBSD. Currently I have a sip trunk that goes
to openser which redirects PSTN destined traffic to an Adtran 924 which
connects to PSTN connected PRIs. Works fine but I'm
pondering some changes to make things simpler on myself so I'd like to get
someadvice from you all.

1. I'll be putting a new asterisk box at the same location that the PRIs are
at so I'd like to connect it directly to one of them. What is the
recommended one T1/PRI card these days? It looks like a DGM-TE110P can be
had for ~$500 but will take your advice.

2. My Adtran 924 is perhaps not the greatest piece of hardware ever made.
What would you recommend as a replacement? I need a gateway that supports 1
PRI (2 PRI even better as long as cost doesn't go insane) and multiple SIP
trunks (at least one of which isn't asterisk). It would need to support g711
and g729 at least. Cost is a factor but quality and ease of use even more
so.

3. On the Adtra 924 subject... is anyone using one and connecting to it
directly from asterisk? If so could you share some config? I connect to it
fine as long as I pass through openser, but when I create an asterisk trunk
to connect to it directly it doesn't work. Not important as I want to ditch
the 924 I think but annoying currently.

Thanks!

-Steve