[Asterisk-bsd] This client or thin browser in BSD

Roland Giesler Asterisk-BSD at thegreentree.za.net
Tue Feb 6 00:07:40 MST 2007

In a call centre environment, an Asterisk telephony setup, which would
be better to use with a FreeBSD client?  I'm hoping to use an eBox
3800 (http://www.compactpc.com.tw) with a Via Eden-N processor and
256M RAM as operator machines.  The application is browser based and
we pretty much control the whole environment.

Questions:
1. Which softphone is best for this kind of setup?
2. Should I run a terminal server client (like LTSP / does it have a
BSD equivalent?)
3. Wouldn't a minimal OS, with a browser and a softphone running on
the client OS be better than a terminal server client?

Some comments and input would be great.

Thanks all

--
Roland Giesler