[Asterisk-bsd] need help

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 05:15:25 CDT 2007

I'm not sure about this as I'm not really a programmer anymore. But when I fooled around with the AMD64 version of FreeBSD with Asterisk I saw that in the Makefile for the port they did this:

  =========================
  .if ${ARCH} == "i386"
  OPTIONS+-      ZAPTEL
  .else
  WITHOUT_ZAPTEL= yes
  .endif

  I notice this snippet of code is still in the Makefile that's why I queried you the other day in the #freebsd irc if zaptel really does work on AMD64 now. Because according to all my testing, zaptel does not work with AMD64 on FreeBSD yet. Perhaps it does now.

Richard Neese <r.neese at gmail.com> wrote:
  I need a way to test for what cpu is being used for the install. This is so
for the demo version it can install the right g729 for testing. its a
opensource g729 that can be used on testing systems and for personal home
use. this will aloow for full testing. on even limited dsl lines and low
bandwidth.