[Asterisk-bsd] ok all

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 20:52:44 CDT 2007

Rich,

I tried it this morning with the i386 version. Looks like everything is okay until you get to step 22. Maybe I'm just a newbie but are there not at least two typos in this step?

It says to cp -rp "bsdasterisk.tar.gz....". I assume you're meaning the downloaded file FreeBSD-Asterisk-i386.tar.gz. And again, I would assume that you meant for one to cd /usr/local/src before untarring the file.

Anyway, I did it several different ways and got loads of "package not found" errors no matter which way I tried it. And asterisk ended up not workable.

So I tried again tonight with the AMD64 version. This e-machine of mine has an AMD64 CPU in it so I thought I'd see how zaptel will now work with it. But the download of the file got interrupted. My cable modem needed rebooting. First time in months that's happened and it was when there was only 56 seconds left in the download. Oh well, Murphy's Law I guess. But now I cannot access the site at all. I'll sleep on it tonight and try again in the morning.

Thanks again for your efforts.