[Asterisk-bsd] chan_zap not loading: "Unable to specify / open / register channel X"

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Tue Aug 7 12:11:45 CDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm attempting to get a tdm400p card with one fxo and 3 fxs modules up
and running here using Asterisk 1.4.9 from source on FreeBSD 6.2. The
fxs modules are not powered so getting the fxo module to function is
my goal.

chan_zap reports the following errors:

== Parsing '/usr/local/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf':
chan_zap.c:903 in zt_open: Unable to specify channel 3: Operation not
supported by device
chan_zap.c:7166 in mkintf: Unable to open channel 3: Operation not
supported by device here = 0, tmp->channel = 3, channel = 3
chan_zap.c:10472 in build_channels: Unable to register channel '3'

dmesg, zaptel.conf zapata.conf and my asterisk logs are here:
http://pastebin.ca/648813

Thanks in advance for any pointers here,
-Michael I.