[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk GUI Woes

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 18:22:57 CDT 2007

Thanks again

1. Yep, I update my ports collection pretty regularly.

2. I'm not a newbie but the only version of autoconf I would be able to install is the latest one in the ports collection.

3. That's understandable. This is a pretty complex project and I'm sure it needs more work. I'm a big fan of the text base console. Believe it or not that's what attracted me to *nixes in the first place. Back in the Win3x and WinNT days when we had to reboot servers all the time I was impressed with the rock solid performance of DOS, Novell and FreeBSD. I wanted to see what all the hype was about and it would be neat to control the whole show from a gui. But again, only because that's what my client's seem willing to pay for. If they can't point and click it's of no use to them.

Richard Neese <r.neese at gmail.com> wrote: 1) maske sure your ports tree is upto date.

2) make sure you have the needed ver of autoconf installed.

3) just to give you heads up the asterisk gui is nice but is still not there
and lacks a major dial plan so you will have to sit and handwrite your dial
plan. have fun.

On Monday 06 August 2007 08:49:26 am Frank Griffith wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt reply. I guess I have two problems:
>
> 1. I did use the make install clean method to try and install the gui.
>
> 2. When I looked in the /usr/ports/www/asterisk-gui/work/ folder there was
> no file named bootstrap.sh
>
> Can you please elaborate further?
>
> Kollár Csaba  wrote:        v\:*
> {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:*
> {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
>            Hi there!
>
>   You have to edit manually the bootstrap.sh in the work directory. I think
> /usr/ports/www/asterisk-gui/?work?/?? so, there
 J where the