[Asterisk-bsd] x100p clone card problems

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 15:02:28 CDT 2007

I have xn X101P card that I bought for $15 plus $14 shipping. It was a very good price even with the shipping but I notice that it's sporadic sometimes. Usually works fine, but occassionaly and it's not just a rare incident, it goes haywire. I'm on the my home POTS line from another extension and suddenly my * server will start playing the welcome message as though another call were coming in. I checked and this sometimes happens when the call-waiting beep happens, but other times it just starts playing the greeting message for no reason at all. Long distance voicemail messages are sometimes recorded very low volume and sometimes when people try to leave a message it cuts them off before they finish.

  When a call comes in on the VOIP provider that I use through my high-speed cable modem connection, nothing seems to go wrong. So this X101P card seems to be the problem. However, I still believe it was a lot better to only pay $29 to get through the learning curve than to pay $400 for a true Digium card until I got the hang of how it all works. So I don't regret the decision to purchase it. In fact, I still plan on using for some time and maybe ony day spring for a Digium card.

Kollár Csaba <Kollar.Csaba at felvi.hu> wrote:
                Hello!

  I have a problem, with my Openvox XXXX something card. The shop said it’s a fully compatible card with asterisk.

  I’ve installed astersik + zaptel.

    Dmesg says:

  ZapTel device: vendor=1057 device=5608 subvendor=9085
wcfxo0: <Wildcard X100P> port 0xd800-0xd8ff mem 0xff8ff000-0xff8fffff irq 11 at device 10.0 on pci1
ZapTel Attach for wcfxo0: deviceID : 0x1057
wcfxo0: [FAST]
Failed to initailize DAA, giving up...
Freed a Wildcard
ZapTel detach!
We failed: 5

    My loaded modules are:

  Id Refs Address    Size     Name
1   13 0xc0400000 6f6544   kernel
2    1 0xc0af7000 59f20    acpi.ko
3    9 0xc1fc0000 32000    zaptel.ko
4    1 0xc1ff7000 7000     qozap.ko
5    1 0xc1ffe000 20000    tau32pci.ko
6    1 0xc2020000 5000     wcfxo.ko
7    1 0xc202d000 a000     wcfxs.ko
8    1 0xc2038000 6000     wct1xxp.ko
9    1 0xc203e000 c000     wct4xxp.ko
10    1 0xc204b000 a000     wcte11xp.ko
11    1 0xc2055000 d000     wcte12xp.ko

    ztcfg says:

  Keyword: [loadzone], Value: [us]
Keyword: [defaultzone], Value: [us]
Keyword: [fxoks], Value: [1-2]

Zaptel Version: 1.4.0-BSD
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)

2 channels configured.

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Device not configured (6)

    pciconf says:

  wcfxo0 at pci1:10:0:       class=0x078000 card=0x00019085 chip=0x56081057 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Motorola'
    device   = 'SM56 PCI Fax Voice Modem'
    class    = simple comms

  Sorry for the flood.

  So, has someone an idea, what should i try?
  Thank you!
  --
  Sincerely,

  shiloh