[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk 1.2.1 on FreeBSD 6.2

Andy Valencia ajv-neynagenad at vsta.org
Mon Apr 23 06:56:30 MST 2007

---------------
Hi,

I've just upgraded to to FreeBSD 6.2 without changing my Asterisk version,
and had a problem with a crash on an invalid memory pointer being handed to
free().  It was made more difficult because the C library abort()'ed the
task and it wouldn't stop in gdb!  Anyway, I dug down to the bottom of it,
and it's the use of uninitialized memory in dns.c.  The kicker is that
somebody had obviously found this previously, because explicit
initialization of the memory is under an #ifdef MAKE_VALGRIND_HAPPY, which
isn't set for my port (well, *now* it is).

Aside from that, Asterisk and Zaptel are running well on 6.2 with a
uniprocessor kernel.

Regards,
Andy Valencia