[Asterisk-bsd] Unable to reset default ring on 'Zap/1-1'

Andy Valencia ajv-neynagenad at vsta.org
Thu Apr 19 20:30:57 MST 2007

---------------
Hi,

I actually have a use for custom ringing now that my wife & I are dropping
our cell phones--I want to let the phone ring and drop to V-mail if it's for
my wife.  Custom ring pattern was applied fine, but it never reverts to
default ring.  I added a little debug, and the problem is that the
invocation of ZT_SETCADENCE tries to flag default ring by passing a NULL
pointer.  But FreeBSD's ioctl() handling verifies the arg as a valid memory
pointer and tries to copy it in before any Zaptel code gets invoked.  Of
course, a copy from NULL fails, and the ioctl() fails with EFAULT.

So unless somebody has already fixed this, I guess I'll go add a
ZT_SETCADENCE_DEFAULT command with no arg, and change zt_chan.c to use that
for resetting the cadence.  After it works OK, I'll post a patch here for
somebody with commit access to put into the BSD port of the driver.

BTW, a workaround is to use explicitly ring cadence #1, which sounds almost
identical to the default anyway.

Regards,
Andy Valencia