[Asterisk-bsd] Kernel Modules

jerry at voiptower.com jerry at voiptower.com
Thu Sep 28 00:09:42 MST 2006

I am trying to load the Zaptel stuff on boot, and have put it in the
/boot/loader.conf as follows:

zaptel_load = "YES"
wcfxs_load = "YES"
wcfxo_load = "YES"

This is a 6.0 FreeBSD system running 1.2.9.1 Asterisk.

I have one genuine Digium card, and one clone in the box.

The Digium card probes and loads just fine, but the clone card barfs with:
wcfxo0: <Generic Clone> port 0xcc00-0xccff mem 0xdfffc000-0xdfffcfff
irq 5 at device 20.0 on pci0
ZapTel Attach for wcfxo0: deviceID : 0xe159
Can't use fast interrupts, falling back to normal
wcfxo0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
Failed to initailize DAA, giving up...
Freed a Wildcard
ZapTel detach!
We failed: 5
device_attach: wcfxo0 attach returned 5

After booting, I can manually unload and reload the module, and it
seems to work.

I might be doing the driver load in the wrong place, but it doesn't
make sense that one does and one doesn't work during boot.

Any clues?

Thanks,
J.