[Asterisk-bsd] On the bleeding edge of asterisk and zaptel with FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Sun Sep 24 23:11:03 MST 2006

On Sunday 24 September 2006 06:06, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2006/09/23 22:08, Lane wrote:
> > I should probably update asterisk, as I'm sure it has advanced beyond my
> > version (Asterisk 1.0.6-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC7j).  But it just works, so
> > why bother?
>
> if you have iax2 reachable from the internet, you probably want at
> least 1.0.11.1 for the fix for a security problem (though it's not that
> hard to move to 1.2 if you want to).

Well I went and did it.  I upgraded to 1.2.9.1.  And now I could shoot myself!

I'm getting this error on the console each time I attempt to login to
voicemail:

file.c:513 ast_openstream_full: File vm-login does not exist in any format

I modified file.c to send out some debug output and found that it is looking
for the following files:

/usr/local/asterisk/sounds/vm-login.(null)
/usr/local/asterisk/sounds/vm-login.h264
/usr/local/asterisk/sounds/en/vm-login.(null)
/usr/local/asterisk/sounds/en/vm-login.h264

And I'm not clear why it is NOT looking for

/usr/local/asterisk/sounds/vm-login.gsm

which is what it used to use, and what is shipped with the source code.

I see that fmt="h264" is hardcoded in file.c, but I couldn't find anything in
UPDATING.txt which referred to a change from .gsm to this video codec.  And I
haven't quite figured the load mechanism for /modules/format_xxx.so.

Can anybody shed some light on this so I can get up in a couple of hours to
call in sick?

Thanks,

lane