[Asterisk-bsd] chan_capi / liblinuxcapi build error on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Thu Sep 21 05:07:58 MST 2006

| By Jeremy Bogan <jeremy at voicebox.net.au>
|                                          [ 2006-09-21 00:42 +0200 ]
> >configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
> >configure: error: cannot find sources (capi20.c) in . or ..
> >===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> >Please report the problem to Jan.Stocker at t-online.de [maintainer]
> >and attach the
> >"/usr/ports/comms/liblinuxcapi/work/isdn4k-utils-CVS-2005-02-01/
> >capi20/config.log"
> >including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
> >might be
> >a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on
> >your system
> >(e.g. an ls /var/db/pkg).
> >*** Error code 1
>
> From the error message it can't find the sources/headers needed.
> What is the contents of /usr/ports/comms/liblinuxcapi/work/isdn4k-
> utils-CVS-2005-02-01/capi20/config.log?

The reason for the complaint about not finding capi20.c is because it is
indeed not there.  It exists in the isdn4k tarball, but Jan's liblinuxcapi
port deletes capi20.* after patching.  I suspect this is because the freebsd
port needs to use the capi20 headers that are part of C4B?

Is anyone running CAPI with their BSD Asterisk setups these days?  From all
my searching it seems like everything CAPI/BSD/Asterisk related is over a
year old and evidently in need of some updates. :(

Thanks,
Aragon