[Asterisk-bsd] zaptel drivers and Asterisk 1.4

Bill Harris bharris at celinaisd.com
Sat Oct 28 07:17:34 MST 2006

Hadn't heard that one.

I'm running 1.2.13 with the Zaptel 62 drivers very reliably with
a Digium PRI card.   I actually am not even considering Linux.
The stability that FreeBSD provides is just not comparable.

After I posted this, I built 1.4 with no problems at all, on FreeBSD
6.1.
But under menuselect, it says zaptel dependencies not found, and
normally
the build under 1.2 find's it just fine.  Since I know from the
conference that
they rewrote most of the other channel drivers it doesn't surprise me.

I did hear a couple of off-topic questions that where kinda biased
against
BSD during Mark's keynote.   It was obviously a mostly linux crowd.

Bill