[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk performence test...

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 10:14:21 MST 2006

"LuisTorres (PAPTi)" <ltorres at papti.pt> wrote:  Hi,

anyone have an idea how to test the limits of a AstBsd box? I use to
vmware astbsd box's and I wanna make some perf tests on it.., like
stress tests and crash recover. Any thoughts? ( ie pls)

many thanxs

Luis

I think somewhere on the asteriskguru.org or asteriskpbx.org sites I saw something on how to stress test *. My method was pretty simple. I just started making calls to people and told them to call into my meeting rooms. With an old P166 with only 96 MB of RAM it maxed out pretty quickly. My Internet connection is cable modem and I'm told it can handle up to 10 calls. We got static at only 4 callers into a conference room but that was probably the old P166 limit not the cable modem. I have a faster AMD machine and it seemed to handle the calls without as much static but I didn't really test this one that much. Good luck.