[Asterisk-bsd] Tracking down the ast_translator_build_path warnings with 1.2.12.1

Marcus Franke marcus.franke at gmx.net
Tue Oct 17 08:17:29 MST 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 05:53:24PM +0800, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> i've consistently built asterisk 1.2.x on FreeBSD /without/ using ports
> without any problems. in fact, during astridevcon italy (in May), luigi
> rizzo and i fixed quite a few build-related bugs on FreeBSD 6.x. do note
> however that for most of us developing on asterisk on FreeBSD, we're using
> 6.x and not 4.x or 5.x.
>
> in addition, the zaptel-bsd drivers from the zaptel-bsd subversion
> repository build well and clean on 6.x as well.
>
> the problems faced by many using net/asterisk from ports could be due to
> dependencies within the ports build system which are not being handled well.

thats nice, to be able to do the install "out of band", but is this
kind of installation documented in some place? As most users will
experiance enough trouble with installing and maintaining the
software. Performing the build and install cycle by hand would be a
tough thing. Ports is nice and easy, except from ports that do not
compile :)

regards,
Marcus