[Asterisk-bsd] * Not working after upgrade

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 20:45:20 MST 2006

Kim Culhan <w8hdkim at gmail.com> wrote:  On Mon, October 9, 2006 19:07, Frank Griffith wrote:

> I just checked the /usr/local/lib/asterisk/modules directory and all
> files in there are dated Oct. 7th, the date of the 1st rebuild.
> Only one of them cdr_pgsql.so was dated today when I rebuilt again.
> So I took your advice and emptied this directory before doing the rebuild.
> The rebuild on my system takes over an hour, its a slow P166 with only 96MB of RAM.
> When it completes I'll try it out again.

If this doesn't work it would probably be best to do a fresh
installation of FBSD
and take it from there.

thanks
-kim

This is what sucks about Windows. And it's hard to believe I had to resort to such tactics to clear the cobwebs with FreeBSD.

  I backed up everything and blew away the drives, made a fresh install of FreeBSD-6.1-RELEASE. Then I updated the ports collection. Then to speed things up I commented out a few lines in /etc/fstab and moved the main hard drive from this slow-as-molasses P166 to an AMD 1.9Ghz and installed * and the add-ons. The build was done in less than 90 minutes instead of 24 hours that it would have taken on the P166. Once I copied over my config files, the whole thing works, audio is back for incoming calls. The same error messages are still appearing though and filling up the log files quickly. But at least my * server is back in business.

  I can't figure this one out. *-1.9.2.1 was working flawlessly and all I did was update to *-1.2.12.1 via the new port.