[Asterisk-bsd] BRI call's not hungup

Pim van Stam pim at vanstam-ict.nl
Thu Nov 30 02:03:16 MST 2006

Hi all,

I have a QuadBRI ISDN interface with Asterisk (bristuff 1.2.13). I have
FreeBSD 6.1 and installed asterisk-bristuff, zaptel, libpri-bristuff
from ports.

Situation: A SIP phone calls another party over ISDN (Zap channel). The
called party OR the calling party hang's up. The problem is that the
ISDN line is not hungup at the Asterisk side. Only when both sides
hangup the isdn channel is hungup.

Eg: someone in a car is called by me at a SIP phone via Asterisk and
ISDN channel. When I hangup, the other person driving presumes the GSM
mobile phone is hungup. It is NOT the case.

With "bri debug span 2" (in my case) I see a difference when calling or
called via ISDN.
When called the line is hungup with the event PRI_EVENT_HANGUP. When
calling via ISDN, I see "Zap x/x hungup ACK", after the event
PRI_EVENT_HANGUP_ACK. There is no action on the event PRI_EVENT_HANGUP.

I have the Dial command with the 'g' option, like Dial(Zap/g1,120,rg).

Have someone encountered this problem? Is there a solutions?

With kind regards,

Pim van Stam
Key Solutions
The Netherlands