[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk on FreeBSD with ISDN cards

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Tue Nov 7 11:45:32 MST 2006

Hi Marcus,

BRI and Asterisk support on BSD is a bit scratchy in my experience.
Luckily you have AVM cards as I think those are the only ones that are
supported at this time.

I'm not certain about the Fritz card so hopefully someone will have a
suggestion for that.  Looks like your kernel is picking it up atleast.

For the AVM B1 you need two things.

* CAPI4BSD so that the BSD kernel sees it.
* chan_capi for Asterisk so that Asterisk can speak to CAPI4BSD.

CAPI4BSD is the easy part.  You can get it from Thomas Wintergerst's page at
http://www.nord-com.net/thomas.wintergerst/.  Compile it and load the kernel
modules.  Once setup your kernel should detect your B1 card.

chan_capi is a bit trickier.  Jan Stocker once had a port of it for BSD, but
it doesn't work right now.  Cian Hughes helped me offlist a while ago to get
it working.  Cian, can you post your work onlist? :)

Regards,
Aragon