[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk on FreeBSD with ISDN cards

Marcus Franke marcus.franke at gmx.net
Tue Nov 7 09:38:03 MST 2006

Hello,

some time ago I started to play around with asterisk and compiling it
on two of my machines is no problem using the port (net/asterisk).

Now I want to use the ISDN cards installed in the two computers for
dialing into the phone network.

One has an active AVM B1 PCI installed and the other machine is
equipped with ifpi0: <AVM Fritz!Card PCI> port 0xd800-0xd81f mem
0xeb102000-0xeb10201f irq 17 at device 9.0 on pci0 card, I guess its
not the Fritz!PCI 2.0 one.

I tried to compile the net/asterisk-bristuff port, but it seems
its blocked because of this skinny security problem, but as I do
not own any Cisco phones (only would like to) one of my questions
is how to override this message?

And my second question is, do I need the *-bristuff port or can
I make my Asterisk use these cards even without the bristuff port?

Or shall I better install all software by hand not from the
portstree?

I was searching for some kind of how-to configure Asterisk with
ISDN support, as it seems its more likely to find descriptions
for these analog fxo/fxs cards from Sangoma or Digium.

I am a bit puzzled about the many options as of isdn with capi
(chan_capi, chan_capi_cm) or the bristuff version or mISDN?

I guess I have to use different approaches for the different
ISDN cards?

Marcus, a bit lost about the hardware :)