[Asterisk-bsd] New to Asterisk...But Just Let Me Keep My FreeBSD

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sun May 28 15:09:22 MST 2006

Aaron,

  Please forgive me for being such a bother but there's something I'm just not doing correctly here.

  I did these commands. Perhaps you can point out what I'm not doing right:

  # cp patch-file.txt /usr/ports/audio/mpg123/files/patch-mpg123.c.
  # cd /usr/ports/audio/mpg123
  # make install clean

  This ran for a while but then stopped saying the port was already installed and that I need to make deinstall and then make reinstall. So I did just that and it reinstalled. But when I stop asterisk it still shows mpg123 running loose and I can only kill it with a kill -9 command.

  Again, sorry to be such a bother but I'd really like to use mpg123 if possible and without the bug that appears to be happening.

Aaron Seelye <aseelye-lists at eltopia.com> wrote:
      Save the patch to $PORTS/audio/mpg123/files/patch-mpg123.c, and rebuild/reinstall the port.  Otherwise, you can save the patch to somewhere on your computer, cd to the source directory for mpg123, and "patch < $PATCHFILE".

  -Aaron