[Asterisk-bsd] res_monitor.so bug? in ast_monitor_stop

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Thu May 25 00:52:36 MST 2006

On 05/25/06 15:25 Vahan Yerkanian said the following:
> Greetings,
>
> Just noticed that the monitored audio files are not being joined under
> FreeBSD. Upon closer inspection, I found the culprit in the
> ast_monitor_stop:
>
>                         if (ast_strlen_zero(execute)) {
>                                 execute = "nice -n 19 soxmix";
>                                 delfiles = 1;
>                         }
>
> Now, while the docs say that the '-n' is the way to go, here is the
> output from it:
>
> # nice -n 19 soxmix
> nice: Badly formed number.

which version of freebsd are you using ? on 6.x, it nice(1) says,

NICE(1)                 FreeBSD General Commands Manual                NICE(1)

NAME
      nice -- execute a utility at an altered scheduling priority

SYNOPSIS
      nice [-n increment] utility [argument ...]

DESCRIPTION
      The nice utility runs utility at an altered scheduling priority, by
      incrementing its ``nice'' value by the specified increment, or a
      default value of 10.  The lower the nice value of a process, the
      higher its scheduling priority.

      The superuser may specify a negative increment in order to run a
      utility with a higher scheduling priority.

      Some shells may provide a builtin nice command which is similar or
      identical to this utility.  Consult the builtin(1) manual page.
[..snipped..]

and this is consistent with the usage of nice within ast_monitor_stop().

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/