[Asterisk-bsd] misc/zaptel port startup script naming and strange behavior.

Thomas Sandford thomas at paradisegreen.co.uk
Fri May 19 05:23:10 MST 2006

"Dinesh Nair" <dinesh at alphaque.com> wrote:
> On 05/18/06 23:36 Vahan Yerkanian said the following:
>> I've no such problem at similarly installed zaptel/asterisk (1.2.7.1)
>> running on FreeBSD 6.0 box.
>
> the port maintainer needs to be informed of this, as the zaptel-bsd builds
> do not have an rc.d/rc.conf style startup script. let sobomax know via
> email.

However the FreeBSD Ports version adds this script as part of the "port".

this automagically by putting a
# BEFORE: asterisk
in the zaptel.sh file

and
#PROVIDE: asterisk
in the asterisk.sh one.

I'd personally also like to see the zaptel.sh contain tests for something
like
zaptel_enable
zaptel_fxs

so that the individual drivers can be enabled/disabled in /etc/rc.conf.

H'mmm. I guess I should really file a PR on this lot... :-)

--
Thomas Sandford