[Asterisk-bsd] misc/zaptel port startup script naming and strange behavior.

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Thu May 18 08:36:51 MST 2006

Greetings all,

Just a short note on it seems to be beneficial to rename
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel.sh to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/001.zaptel.sh as it
  seems that FreeBSD loads it alphabetically, after the asterisk.sh

Also today I've noticed that on FreeBSD 6.1 no matter what delay you put
before starting asterisk via /usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk.sh it fails to
detect the zaptel/ztdummy kldloaded and hence fails to enable trunking
on the iax2 peers. Same applies to cdr_mysql et al.

If you connect to the asterisk CLI via 'rasterisk'/'asterisk -rv' and
issue 'restart now', everything comes to normal, all iax2 peers show up
with '(T)' trunking tag on and asterisk is able to connect to the db.

However, adding 'asterisk -rx "restart now"' to the asterisk.sh startup
script doesn't do the same during the bootup.

I've no such problem at similarly installed zaptel/asterisk (1.2.7.1)
running on FreeBSD 6.0 box.

Any ideas?

Vahan