[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk attendant stops responding to DTMF tones on incoming calls

Chris Hardie chris at summersault.com
Fri Mar 31 07:02:20 MST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> was asterisk and zaptel installed from the ports ?

Yes.

> when we were running asterisk on freebsd 4.x, we used to have random, weird
> problems which were finally traced down to the way asterisk was using threads
> and the way freebsd implemented it. we're now succesfully running many
> asterisk 1.2.x installations with zaptel (revision 29 from the zaptel-bsd
> repo) on freebsd 6.x without any problems.

Sounds promising.  I'll work on upgrading to FreeBSD 6.x.  I'm not quite
sure how to obtain "revision 29" of the zaptel distribution - I tried
getting into the repository from the voip-info page[1] but didn't have a
username/password.  Any pointers here would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

[1] http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=FreeBSD+zaptel