[Asterisk-bsd] On the bleeding edge of asterisk and zaptel with FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 09:32:18 MST 2006

On 6/18/06, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> > I wouldn't worry about the port
>
> those of us who maintain a number of systems, and who prefer
> things to be simple and direct, worry about the port a lot.

There are those of us who find the existing Asterisk build system
very simple as it doesn't require any more effort to maintain:

gmake;gmake install

This is made possible by the Asterisk developers who make it that way

> if asterisk is to be part of the freebsd world, the port has
> to work.  period.

If you can't make the port work because its broken, you can still
maintain your systems with a recent software version -please refer to my
post earlier today describing the steps.

There are many ports which require a lot of changing of the original code
to work correctly, Asterisk is not one of them.

I think we should give the Asterisk developers the credit they deserve
for making this possible.

-kim