[Asterisk-bsd] On the bleeding edge of asterisk and zaptel with FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 06:40:30 MST 2006

On 6/18/06, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> > To build asterisk from cvs HEAD for FreeBSD:
>
> and place it in the same place as the ports version???

You can place it in anywhere, I built it in /usr/local/src

The only location-dependent items are the libpri and zaptel directories since
the libpri build references zaptel

> > The above procedure worked for me on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE which is
> > also known as FreeBSD-STABLE
>
> anyone done it on -current?

I don't have a machine running -current so cannot verify that

> > Also, your mileage may really vary if you attempt this with anything other
> > than Digium hardware
>
> what if you have no fxo hardware?  i.e. you are using it only as
> an ip pbx?

In this case I think you would need to load ztdummy.ko and possibly zaptel.ko

ztdummy is required for timing reference to use IAX or conferencing and
for the music-on-hold player.

-kim