[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel oddities

jerry at voiptower.com jerry at voiptower.com
Tue Jun 13 22:40:06 MST 2006

A while back, I wrote:

> I'm playing with FreeBSD 6.0 and Asterisk 1.2.7.1, with a checkout of
> zaptel-bsd from the 1.2.7.1 timeframe. (If someone could tell me how
> to check
> which SVN revision it is, I'll be happy to add that).
>
> For hardware, I have one Digium analog card with one FXS and one FXO daughter
> card onboard, and a "generic" FXO clone.
>
> When I run ztcfg on boot, of course the one card that initilized properly is
> up, and the other card gives an error.
>
> If I "kldunload" and then "kldload" the fxo device, all is happy and ztcfg
> runs without errors. Is this normal? Did I munge something up?
>
> Also, when I'm running, I get these occasionally:
> Jun  7 20:03:56 WARNING[480] chan_zap.c: zt hook failed: Device busy
> Jun  7 21:20:25 WARNING[480] chan_zap.c: Unable to reset default ring
> on 'Zap/1-1'
> Jun  7 22:38:00 NOTICE[480] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of
> type 'Zap' (cause 17 - User busy)

I'm still getting this, but I did manage to find a sort of unrelated issue --
I found out my onboard ethernet is sharing interrupts with the clone card,
by grepping through dmesg. I tried some bios tricks, but that seems to just
move the interrupt they share around, not actually get them to not share.

The reason I'm trying to track this down is that I'm having some strange
issues with CallerID and popping/echos, and I thought it might be the driver
that is causing it. Now, some of this might actually be related to missed
interrupts, but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do, FreeBSD wise,
to get FreeBSD not to allocate two devices the same IRQ. (I tried turning
some of the unneeded stuff off in BIOS, but that doesn't seem to do
anything --
is there something BIOS or motherboard related that would tie a PCI slot
and something onboard (LAN) to the same IRQ?)

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd be happy to try.

Thanks,