[Asterisk-bsd] Very Simple Setup

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 11:50:58 MST 2006

I made a very futile attempt to erase all the files in /usr/local/etc/asterisk and start creating new conf files from scratch. No big problem except that if I erase all the files, asterisk did not start properly. In fact it crashed and exited.

  So what is the absolute minimum of files I need on the etc/asterisk folder to get this working? I want to try a simple and clean setup without all the strings and extras that come with the make samples command.

  What about the ael file? This thing creates an entire dialplan and I really don't want this stuff in there while I'm trying to learn how it all works.

http://mail.yahoo.com