[Asterisk-bsd] IP Phone Recommendation

Jay Stewart jacob at stewarts.us
Tue Jun 6 13:05:39 MST 2006

If you want a high quality phone, with *almost* the cheap price of the
BudgeTone phones, I recommend the Linksys/Cisco/Sipura SPA-941.  This is,
(IMESHO) a very good flexibly-configurable business phone, up to four lines,
(or a cheaper two line version, with four "line appearances").  My only
complaint is that it has a light mass, and the rubber feet don't "grab" as
well as they should on some desks.

I am not aware of any phones that use IAX to communicate with the * server,
as IAX is "Inter-Asterisk eXchange" protocol, and is not meant for use with
phone client (sip peers).  I can verify that the SPA-941 works well with my
* installation running on FreeBSD.

Jay Stewart
Zhonka Broadband