[Asterisk-bsd] Call for testers

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 16 18:21:06 MST 2006

I only know enough to be dangeous, but my setup is working swell with zaptel. Unfortunately I don't have any zaptel hardware...I just use ztdummy for my conference rooms. But that is working great. I call my * server at home from my office and join a conference room which is set to play moh. Then I can listen to all my favorite mp3's all day long. I had a conference room connection for over 10 hours on Thursday...stayed steady all day.

I notice that there is a new version of * out. Can you tell us when the port will be updated...more important can anyone tell me how to safely upgrade to the new version without waiting for the ports to be updated. I'd like to keep my * server up to the latest release at all times.

If I build * from source will it install as FreeBSD wants it to..../usr/local/etc/asterisk as compared to /etc/asterisk, for example.