[Asterisk-bsd] Problems with zaptel-bsd 1.0

Filippo Natali filippo.natali at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 08:30:25 MST 2006

Hi,

last weekend I've upgraded zaptel drivers to 1.0 (using ports) on a
FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE server with a Digium TDM400P (2 FXO modules) and
Asterisk 1.2.9.1. The upgrade from the previous version (a May 2006
svn snapshot) was made because of regular Digium board "hangs" after
30-40 days of uptime and kldunload panics.
After the upgrade I encountered serveral problems calling with the
PSTN: random high volume cracks and beeps during a call, poor sound
quality and after few minutes I can't hear the other side but they
still can hear me. I've also noticed that doing a 'zap show status'
from the command line returns weird characters instead of 'Wildcard
TDM400P REV I Board 1...". Switching back to the previous version
solved these problems.

Filippo