[Asterisk-bsd] new Asterisk ports

Chad Leigh -- Pengar Enterprises Inc chad at pengar.com
Tue Jan 17 23:40:03 MST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 11:33 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> For anyone who hasn't seen them yet, there are one new and one
> updated Asterisk ports:
>
> http://www.freshports.org/net/asterisk/  is now at version 1.2.1
> and I'm running it here quite happily.

I had compiled 1.2.1 from source and had run it a while -- it worked
quite well.

However, my TDM boards were not so happy with the current bsd zaptel
drivers -- extensions would sometimes go offline and not come back
without unloading the driver -- same with pulsing noise on the
extensions that would sometimes appear and not go away until I
unloaded the zaptel kernel modules and reload them.

I am unfortunately converting the box to Linux (gentoo) since I need
a rock solid box for my phone system in the businesses and the zaptel
stuff seems to be more solid on linux -- a friend has been runing his
business on it for months.    And I thought we were Linux free
finally (after convincing one guy whose box I sysadmin to convert
from gentoo to BSD just recently and converting my loan gentoo box
running java to Solaris 10) :-(

I will track and try the BSD stuff periodically and see how the
zaptel stuff comes along...

best
Chad